AFCAT (2) 2020 Exam Analysis & Review (3rd/4th/5th October): AFCAT 2020 (2) Exam was held across different exam centres from 3rd to 5th October 2020. Indian Air Force (IAF) is conducting Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT- 02/2020) in online mode across selected exam centres from 3rd to 5th October 2020 across the country for the recruitment of 256 Vacancies in Flying Branch and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) Branches/ NCC Special Entry/ Meteorology Entry.
AFCAT 2020 (2) Exam was conducted in two shifts: 1st shift (09:45- 11:45 hrs) for the candidates who applied for Non-Technical Posts and 2nd shift (14:15 -16:15Hrs & 16:30 -17:15Hrs) for the candidates who applied for Technical Posts. In this article, we are going to share the Subject-wise Analysis of AFCAT 2020 (2) Exam held on 3rd, 4th & 5th October 2020.
AFCAT 2020 (2) Exam Analysis held on 3rd, 4th & 5th October 2020
AFCAT 2020 (2) Exam was conducted in online mode in the Objective type MCQ format for 2 hours having 100 questions of 3 marks each. There was negative marking of 1 mark for wrong answers. Let’s have a look at the Difficulty Level of the Questions & Number of Good Attempts in AFCAT 2020 (2) Exam:
AFCAT 2020 (2) Online Exam Analysis – 3rd, 4th & 5th October (Shift-1 & 2)
Topics (Number of Questions Asked)
General Awareness (25)
History, Geography, Science & Tech, Sports, Polity, Books & Author, Awards, Current Affairs
Verbal Ability in English (25)
Fill in the blanks, Spotting the Error, Idioms/Phrases, Reading Comprehension, Antonym/Synonym, Cloze Test
Numerical Ability (18)
Profit & Loss, Discount, Percentage, Mixture & Allegations, Algebra, Time & Work, Simplification, Time Speed & Distance, Averages
Moderate to Difficult
Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test (32)
Non-Verbal reasoning, Odd-One Out, Analogy, Embedded Figures, Syllogism, Pattern Completion, Inference & Assumption, Classification, Letter Series & Codes
100 Questions of 3 marks each
Highlights of AFCAT 2020 (2) Exam:
- The paper was conducted in Online Mode across different cities.
- It is compulsory to carry Admit Card with affixed Photograph on it and Original ID proof alongwith its photocopy as well. Candidates are required to bring one ball point pen
Note: Photo ID Proof include Candidate’s Aadhaar Card, PAN card/ passport/ driving licence/ voter identity card/ college identity card or any other valid photo identity proof, with details of name, father’s name, date of birth and a clear photograph.
- Candidates were also required to bring two passport size colour photographs- same as the photo uploaded during online application (to be pasted, not stapled on Admit Card next to the printed photo and on attendance sheet at the exam centre).
- Wearing of mask/face cover is mandatory for all candidates.
- Hand sanitizer (small size) in a transparent bottle was allowed.
- Candidates were required to follow COVID 19 norms of ‘social distancing’ as well as ‘personal hygiene’ inside the Examination Halls/Rooms as well as on the premises of the Venue.
- AFCAT Online Paper each question was of 3 marks.
- There was negative marking of 1 mark for wrong answers in AFCAT Online Paper.
- The questions were in English Language only.
- Air Force has the discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination.
Important Points to Remember after AFCAT 2020 (2) Exam
Air Force Selection Board (AFSB) Interview: Indian Air Force (IAF) will prepare a list of candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the Online AFCAT Exam and will be called at one of the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSB). It will consists of three tests – Officer Intelligence Rating Test, Psychological test and for Flying Branch – Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS).
Final Selection after Medical Tests: Indian Air Force (IAF) will select only those candidates who will secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in written examination and AFSB test as fixed by the IAF.
The above analysis will help you to assess your rank among the thousands of candidates, who have appeared for the AFCAT 2020 (2) Exam held on 3rd, 4th & 5th October 2020.